Business Development Manager - Security
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We’re looking for an innovative and experienced sales professional to take on the role of Business Development Manager - Security. This will be a new role reporting to the Director of Global Security Sales on the enterprise sales team and would be a good step up for a seasoned account executive who would like to be more entrepreneurial in their role.
This role would be for an overlay position to work with StackPath’s existing customers and introduce them to our new line of Security products. While StackPath has 1000s of small, medium, and even large customers, very few of them have gotten a chance to take advantage of these offerings. In this role, your job would be to work with existing accounts and their relative account owners to come up with ways to expand our security footprint.
This role will report to: Director, Global Security Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a variety of comprehensive sales plans, both long and short term, to sell into our customer base.
- Planning and overseeing fresh marketing initiatives for our customers.
- Own the information base work well across teams of account executives.
- Researching to find new opportunities in current customers.
- Increasing the value of current customers and increasing their satisfaction.
- Write proposals that are detail, innovative, lively and customer oriented.
- Achieve the latest sales goals by managing and directing the sales process.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Collaboration with operations to develop quotes and proposals for clients.
- Develop extensive knowledge of StackPath’s products, services, and competitive landscape.
- Think and plan strategically and work effectively with the operations teams to achieve the budgeted results.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-6 years’ experience in sales, support, or programming. Cybersecurity is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Comfortable working from home, but with short notice travel if needed.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, SFDC, Intricately, ZoomInfo, Outreach.io, Cryptocurrency.
No degree needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.