- Dallas, TX
- Full Time
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
Successful Sales Engineers combine technical knowledge of the products or services they are selling with strong interpersonal and communication skills. They are the key technical resource working with a prospect or current customer to uncover best-fit solutions, providing solutions, recommendations, training, technical expertise, and assistance with on-boarding and implementation. Typically, a bachelor’s degree is required for this position, or longer-term hands-on equivalent experience. Expertise in either CDN, WAF, or Edge Compute technologies is preferred.
This role will report to: Director of Sales Engineering
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with custom solutions involving implementation of Enterprise CDN, Enterprise WAF, or Edge Compute technologies.
- Experience with Video Streaming Solutions working within a CDN infrastructure is a plus.
- Act as a primary technical resource for the StackPath Sales Team for both pre-sales and post-sales.
- Drive technical discussions, perform demonstrations, and provide technical implementation assistance to prospects and existing customers to assist the sales team in generating new business, growing existing business, keeping customers happy, and reaching our company's revenue goals.
- Work with prospects and customers providing POC assistance, providing thought leadership, recommendations, and implementation of CDN, WAF, and Edge Compute solutions.
- Understand customer requirements and features needed, and work closely with product management and engineering teams to continue to build and expand our current product set.
- Strong polished communication skills including listening to prospects needs, asking appropriate technical questions, architecting a solution, escalating requirements as needed to product management and engineering, and project managing the customer on-boarding lifecycle.
- Often acts as the technical liaison and project manager between the customer, product management, development, support, and engineering, keeping communications responsive for customer needs.
- Identify customer use cases that can be built with existing tools and products.
- Gain technical expertise in StackPath’s global distributed network and technology to allow you to recommend solutions for prospects and customers, following through to technically implement, train, onboard, troubleshoot, and document technical solutions.
- Perform customer calls and presentations/demonstrations with new customers or prospects via videoconference or in person. (Limited in person visits is also required)
- Researching, implementing, and deploying new tools or processes for our solutions.
- Are passionate and curious about technology and can explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Responsible for technical pre-sale process including performing presentations and demonstrations, technical qualification and discovery, solution identification and design, proof of concept configuration and implementation, and issue escalations and resolutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required for this position both internally and externally. Comfortable working with both C-level enterprise executives and as well as end-users and developers.
- Comfortable using APIs and training customers on API usage.
- Provide technical enablement training for Sales Team and Strategic customers/partners.
- Work with other departments (Product, Marketing, Support) to accomplish related tasks and push for product feature enhancements.
- Strong ability to project management and multi-task, working on multiple projects simultaneously and recognizing higher priorities.
- Work with customers and prospects providing technical advice for best solution based on StackPath’s products and features, with guidance to help them understand benefits of the solution.
- The role may involve limited travel including meetings with customers or prospects, attending conferences and industry events, although most customer interaction will be provided remotely through video conferencing tools.
- 3+ years of pre- or post- sales support experience in a technical customer facing role, with a preference of experience with CDN, WAF, or Edge Compute solutions.
- 3+ years experience working with mid to large enterprises implementing CDN, Compute, and/or WAF solutions.
- Understanding of Video Streaming working within a CDN environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar level of hands-on experience
- Experience with CDN, WAF, or Edge Compute implementations from companies such as Fastly, Akamai, EdgeCast, Cloudflare, Amazon AWS, Cloudfront, or Limelight is preferred.
- Expertise with network and internet security technologies such as: HTTP(S), Video Streaming, anycast/multicast core networking components, TCP/UDP, DNS
- Strong Technical, Communication, and Collaborative skills working with Enterprise Customers and C-Level executives.
- Multi-tasking and project management, as a Senior Sales Engineer will be managing multiple tasks and projects at all times.
- Ability to architect solutions and troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Strong focus on Web Technologies and Enterprise CDN solutions.
- Hands-on and basic understanding of Internet architecture:
- HTTP/1.0 - HTTP/2.0 protocol stack
- Load balancing
- CURL, Scripting, Regex
- Networking and routing
- Compute and networking performance
- Knowledge of competitive CDN, WAF, or Edge Compute offerings is a plus.
- Experience with CDN, Video Streaming, or WAF security is preferred.
- Desire to learn, teach, mentor, collaborate, and grow.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.