QA Automation Engineer
StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer with a passion for “breaking” things and building reliable automated tests to ensure a high level of quality. This position requires knowledge of QA methodologies and programming experience with scripting languages. You will have the opportunity to develop tests using Ruby and RSPEC and incorporate them into our automation framework for our CDN.
This role will report to our: QA Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members during the design and implementation phase to ensure testing is taken into consideration
- Build automated tests and incorporate them into the existing framework
- Refactor existing tests to conform to new requirements and/or behaviors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid programming experience with a scripting language (Ruby preferred) in a Linux environment
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience building automated tests using RSPEC (or similar)
- Solid understanding of HTTP protocols
- Experience with distributed systems such as CDN/DNS is a big plus
- Experience working with Jira is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Experience with QA for high performance distributed systems
- Bachelor’s in computer science (or comparable industry experience)
- Minimum 5 years of software test automation experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.