Software Engineer - Testing
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for “breaking” things and building reliable automated tests to ensure a high level of quality. This position requires knowledge of QA methodologies and programming experience. You will have the opportunity to develop tests using Ruby and RSPEC and incorporate them into our automation framework for our CDN.
This role will report to our: QA Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members during the design and implementation phase to ensure testing is taken into consideration
- Build automated tests and incorporate them into the existing framework
- Refactor existing tests to conform to new requirements and/or behaviors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid object oriented programming experience with a programming language (Ruby preferred) in a Linux environment.
- Experience building automated tests using RSPEC (or similar)
- Solid understanding of HTTP protocols
- Experience with distributed systems such as CDN/DNS is a big plus
- Experience working with Jira is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Experience with QA for high performance distributed systems
- Bachelor’s in computer science (or comparable industry experience)
- Minimum 5 years of software test automation experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.