StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
The StackPath Implementation Engineering team combines Systems, Network and Site Reliability Engineering to deploy high-density, multi-vendor, global data center deployments, and are excited by the opportunity to build and operate a complex software-defined delivery platform, in an extremely fast-paced environment. The Technical Operations Manager will be specialized in the discipline of planning and executing delivery of business critical projects. The Technical Operations Manager must possess the ability to autonomously define and complete complex projects, manage around failure, and work across many teams and geographies for larger initiatives. The candidate must thrive in an environment embodied with leadership in technology, best practices and believe stellar customer service is just as important as excellent technical knowledge.
A qualified candidate must possess strong analytical skills. All candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
This role will report to: Director of Implementation Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the vision and strategies provided by the company.
- Create technical processes from the beginning to end, utilizing accurate project specifications and ensuring all projects are delivered to our operational standards, including runbooks, support documentation, config standards, completing projects on time and within budget.
- Assist in sustaining technical goals of the company and handle any future potential needs, including best practice standards for implementation engineering.
- Gather, organize and present data as part of weekly call to multiple teams to identify and highlight performance-related issues throughout all levels in the organization.
- Review and, where appropriate, update all existing documentation outlining engineering procedures and protocols and system diagrams.
- Participating in enterprise-wide projects while defining, communicating, and for effective project management across the organization.
- Coordinate team efforts and third-party contractors to track and deliver key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet business and customer needs/requirements.
- Reduce deployment times to ensure that project goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Assist Implementation Engineering Management with scheduling and balancing team activities to meet deadlines for deliverables and meetings.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the Implementation Engineering team for process creation, reporting, as well as effective and timely execution of projects.
- Help to determine new, innovative methods to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Participate with other peer engineering groups and strategic vendors to develop and advance our technology standards across the estate.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration across multiple projects, from planning phase through implementation. Identify areas where process automation is needed and possible.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex operational issues, with a positive flair for resolving underlying technical issues in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with Data Center and Carrier teams to ensure we stay one step ahead of our growth projections and deployments are executed with perfection.
- Interacting with various vendors while assisting with performing regular data center and connectivity audits of information systems, network cabling, devices and patch panels.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Ability to provide detailed and accurate reporting for KPIs and multiple projects, in a timely manner.
- Maintain security of systems infrastructure through best practices, hardware, firmware, and software updates, vulnerability remediation, etc.
- Participates in project retrospectives and on-call rotation throughout the duration of projects.
Skills and Experience
- Impeccable attention to detail, with a natural analytic way of thinking, ensuring that work being delivered always meets StackPath’s standards.
- Forward thinking, high achiever, driven to succeed, well-organized, self-starter capable of working independently, while juggling multiple assignments and projects under short deadlines and the ability to meet weekly team goals.
- Focused, results-driven, detail-oriented, comfortable with change and being flexible, responsible, committed to success, and collaborative, with a positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, a superior, service-oriented approach.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple tasks and applying technical skills with limited supervision.
- Focused on reducing unnecessary waste in resources and optimizing processes for efficiency.
- Leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams, while managing multiple large-scale, highly complex/high risk projects concurrently and influencing effectively across the organization.
- Must be able to facilitate discussions and discover alternatives or different approaches.
- Experience implementing and managing a comprehensive Change Management, Incident, Problem Management, and other ITIL processes.
- Has an ability to understand people and technologies, with the ability to know what questions to ask, how to look for answers or to guide someone through solving a problem (without being a subject matter expert).
- Some knowledge of compute, network, storage, and database architectures.
- Good understanding of security best practices and audit processes.
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies in edge computing.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (5+ years) in the internet or telecommunications industry.
- Additional certifications are a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.