Principal Software Engineer
- Full Time
StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer with deep understanding of networking concepts and Envoy Proxy server. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop software that powers several of our core services and to coordinate with other teams working on different layers of the infrastructure.
This role will report to our: Director of Software Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate with agile teams to develop Edge applications by providing architecture guidance and hands-on technical coding/scripting support during all phases of agile SDLC.
- Design and develop next Gen Proxy Server using Envoy for various Edge Application.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C/C++ code.
- Build efficient Applications with optimal performance and elastic scalability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, Go with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Thorough knowledge of the data structures, algorithms and modern C++.
- Experience working with Envoy proxy and preferably envoy contributor.
- Knowledge of asynchronous programing and multi-threaded programming.
- Experience developing and debugging networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP1.x/2, TLS etc).
- Experience with Linux development environment.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Familiarity with debugging and performance analysis tools, such as GDB, Valgrind, Gperf, Address Sanitizer, bcc, flamegraphs, etc.
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of git versioning tools.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field.
- Experience with gRPC, message streaming (Kafka, zeromQ) is plus.
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems such as DNS, CDN/Edge, Load Balancer is a big plus.
- Experience with modern build system like Bazel.
- Solid understanding in Kubernetes and Docker/OCI technology.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.