Junior Back-End Engineer
- Full Time
- Entry Level
StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
- Develop and maintain applications and distributed systems in a microservice architecture.
- Develop and maintain RESTful APIs.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Think creatively and problem solve.
This role will report to our: Tech Lead WAF Eng.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, Python, Java or similar.
- Good understanding of databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Familiarity with Web concepts (HTTP, DNS, etc.).
- Good understanding of code design principles.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with development tools (git, Jira, Confluence, docker, etc.)
- Familiarity with Apache Flink
- Familiarity with LUA or GO
- Familiarity with common back-end frameworks such as Django (specifically the ORM).
- Familiarity with writing scalable code. (Multi-Threading, Locks, etc.)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.