Team Lead, Front-end Engineering
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
At StackPath our frontend engineers assist our cross-functional teams deliver valuable features to customers through a suite of web applications. The frontend developers maintain a “Monorepo” consisting of several UI packages and a GraphQL server that communicates with our backend team’s collection of Go microservices over GRPC. Our team emphasizes learning and fast feedback, pair programming, constructive code reviews, and staying up to date with the frontend development community at large.
The Team Lead of our frontend engineers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the engineers are adhering to StackPath’s software quality standards while organizing the workload of their team members and coordinating project deliverables.
This role will report to the Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with Product teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Responsible for improving the end-user’s application experience by way of feature implementation, review for effectiveness, and bug fixing.
- Cross-team communication to translate design components into deliverables.
- Create efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Engage in the full development lifecycle, including design and testing.
- Provide accurate estimates and assists team members with estimation.
- Leads architectural and code reviews.
- Assist with bug fixes, troubleshooting, testing, and maintenance of the portal products.
- Stay up to date on the latest in frontend engineering and know when to apply it.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Collaborative mindset, with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High coding standards with the ability to write clean, reusable, maintainable and documented code.
- Mastery of system design and architectural patterns.
- Experience with CDN technologies is a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity and ability to work with the backend technologies is a plus, but not required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.