StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world.
For more information, follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer with strong experience designing and building APIs in a distributed microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing backend systems with a high degree of quality in an agile environment. Additional responsibilities include requirements gathering, solution design, and development of automated test cases.
This role will report to our Vice President, Software Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop features and improvements to the StackPath platform in a secure, well-tested, and performant manner.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Create code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale environment.
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop solutions for projects.
- Collaborate with QA team members to develop test plans and automated test cases.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with developing APIs (gRPC, REST, SOAP)
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Experience with modern version control tools (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Travis CI)
- Public cloud engineering/architecture experience (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
- Experience with developing infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, Puppet) a plus
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana) a plus
- Experience writing automated test cases
- Experience working in an agile environment (Jira, Confluence, GitHub)
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work closely with other departments in a cross-functional capacity
- Work with new technologies at a scale very few companies can offer.
- Be a part of a team that fosters innovation and cross-functional roles.
- Ability to work with flexible working arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.