Software Engineer - Finance
- Full Time
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer with strong experience designing and building APIs in a distributed microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing backend systems with a high degree of quality in an agile environment. Additional responsibilities include requirements gathering, solution design, and development of automated test cases.
This role will report to our Manager, Software Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop features and improvements to the StackPath platform in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Create code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Collaborate with product management and other stakeholders within Engineering to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions
- Work in a cross-functional capacity with our billing and finance teams to develop project requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Financial, Billing, or business systems (Stripe, Zuora, NetSuite, Avalara, etc)
- Strong analytical mindset for understanding, correlating, and connecting data from multiple systems
- Demonstrated experience building out automation for manual processes
- Experience with modern version control tools
- Experience writing automated test cases
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work closely with other departments in a cross-functional capacity
- Experience with developing infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, Puppet) a plus
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana) a plus
- Experience with developing APIs (gRPC, REST, SOAP) a plus
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems a plus
- Work with new technologies at a scale very few companies can offer.
- Be a part of a team that fosters innovation and cross-functional roles.
- Ability to work with flexible working arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.