Back-End Engineer - Finance
- Full Time
StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer with strong experience designing and building APIs in a distributed microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing backend systems with a high degree of quality in an agile environment. Additional responsibilities include requirements gathering, solution design, and development of automated test cases.
This role will report to our Manager, Software Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop features and improvements to the StackPath platform in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Create code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Collaborate with product management and other stakeholders within Engineering to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions
- Work in a cross-functional capacity with our billing and finance teams to develop project requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Financial, Billing, or business systems (Stripe, Zuora, NetSuite, Avalara, etc)
- Strong analytical mindset for understanding, correlating, and connecting data from multiple systems
- Demonstrated experience building out automation for manual processes
- Experience with modern version control tools
- Experience writing automated test cases
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work closely with other departments in a cross-functional capacity
- Experience with developing infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, Puppet) a plus
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana) a plus
- Experience with developing APIs (gRPC, REST, SOAP) a plus
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems a plus
- Work with new technologies at a scale very few companies can offer.
- Be a part of a team that fosters innovation and cross-functional roles.
- Ability to work with flexible working arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.