StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
StackPath is hiring a Director of Operations for our Infrastructure team. This team prides itself for solving the real-world problems in building and managing StackPath’s world class network.
The Director of Operations will be a coordinator among the other Engineering teams such as Infrastructure, Implementation, Systems, Network, and SRE for projects and ongoing activities related to our global network of infrastructure.
This role will report to: Vice President, Infrastructure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a technical role but has no requirements for working with servers, firewalls, or writing code, but the applicant must be familiar enough with those and have experience leading teams in a tech environment.
- Ideation and coordination of new projects for continual improvement
- Works with the Engineering teams’ team to manage Infrastructure projects from ideation through completion.
- Must be technical enough to understand and drive conversations on Infrastructure needs
- Works with subject matter experts to create/update requirements and estimations of tasks
- Communicates with Infrastructure / Engineering teams for ongoing documentation updates
- Creates and manages tracking systems, documentations, and communications related to projects
- Facilitates Infrastructure related meetings and cross functional working sessions
- Maintains documentation, status, and communications using Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Evaluates and monitors overall project progress, risks, slips, schedule, and budget where appropriate
- Actively working to anticipate and remove blockers for project teams
- Ensures team is committing appropriately and delivering according to commitments
- Promotes an environment focused on continued improvement and high levels of collaboration, creative problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- This list is not meant to be all-inclusive; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical to understand the high-level platform including servers, firewalls, routers, etc
- Communication must be very professional with strong written and verbal skills
- Must be very proficient in Office with strong Excel skills
- Procurement – Understanding of the process and working with the team
- Logistics – International, customs, and IoR experience is a requirement.
- DCIMs (Netbox pref.) and other inventory management systems – 2 Years
- Experience with Data Centers – 5 Years, minimum.
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence – Bonus
- Solution-oriented always
- Actively seeking a fast-paced workplace culture
- Collaborative and open to new ideas and ways of accomplishing a goal
- An ability to extend understanding and patience in stressful situations
- Superior communication skills, and attention to detail in written and oral communication
- Consistency with regards to organization, time management, attention to detail, and commitment
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to adapt to change and properly resolve conflict
- Desire to learn and expand your knowledge and grow where the company needs you to
- The ability to prioritize tasks accurately, making decisions within established guidelines and policies
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.