Software Performance Engineer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
Stackpath is looking for a passionate developer with a keen focus on Performance. The Software Performance Engineer will work closely with the system architect and examine the structure and architecture of the software with an eye for performance. Identifies bottlenecks when possible. Ensures there's adequate planning for redesign and rescaling as loads shift. The Software Performance Engineer is responsible for increasing the performance of the current Content Delivery Network (CDN). The Software Performance Engineer will design, develop and execute automated performance, load and stress tests for Content Delivery Network (CDN) with the goal to identify and implement performance improvements. The Software Performance Engineer will work closely with the Development team, SRE and QA members to develop test strategies, plans and schedules, while adhering to defined quality metrics and requirements. This position requires an individual who is passionate about developing software solutions tuned for high performance.
This role will report to our: Senior Director CDN development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create performance test strategies, plans, cases, data, SLAs and KPIs
- Execute performance, load and stress tests
- Analyze results and diagnose root cause.
- Propose potential solutions
- Record and report test results based on established KPIs
- Manage CI/CD environment and develop tools for Dev/QA environment
- Collaborate with multiple teams to gather requirements
- Log and track defects using the designated tracking system
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Performance Testing troubleshooting and identifying key issues (CPU, Network, IO, etc.)
- Experience with IxiaLoad and IxiaLoad APIs
- Experience with time series DB (Influx, Prometheus) and Grafana
- Experience with Chaos Mesh
- Strong background in at least one of the following Python, Go or Ruby
- Experience with containerization platforms such as Docker/Kubernetes and deploying them in the cloud.
- Experience with tools like Address Sanitizer, Gperf, Flamegraph, bcc tool, perf co-pilot, etc is big plus
- Solid understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP1.x/2, TLS, QUIC, etc) is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems such as CDN/DNS is a big plus
- Experience with other performance testing frameworks/tools is a plus
- Experience working with Jira is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
- Bachelor’s in computer science or experience in a related field
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.