Vice President, Corporate Tax
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are seeking an exceptional candidate for the role of Vice President of Corporate Tax. This role is responsible for the management of processes related to preparation of the federal and state income and franchise tax provision and returns, as well as jurisdictional sales & use tax oversight and property tax filings. This role will also be responsible for tax related accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial results.
This role will report to: The Chief Financial Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own global tax planning.
- Prepare the following reports and fillings: Federal and State Income tax provisions, franchise tax filings, Transfer Pricing, Value Added Tax (VAT), Real and Personal property tax filling.
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax collection and reporting.
- Oversee Business Tax and Business License Applications and renewals
- Lead research and analysis of complex tax issues and advise management regarding the impact of corporate strategies and new laws on tax liabilities
- Manage audits and inquiries by various taxation authorities.
- Liaise with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Oversee all tax-related payments (excluding payroll taxes).
- Prepares required GAAP disclosures for tax.
- Maintain and update partners’ ownership information and track their tax capital accounts where applicable.
- Participate with system development, maintenance, and special projects as needed.
- Participate in acquisition related due diligence and lead tax integration efforts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Ability to research tax issues and interpret guidance to draw logical conclusions.
- Advanced knowledge of tax concepts in a multi-entity/multi-state/multi-country structure (C Corporation and Partnership).
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, NetSuite, other tools, and ERP systems. Experience with third party billing software (Zuora) a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in tax.
- Experience working in a high growth and acquisitive company.
- Experience with tax compliance for foreign activities.
- Ethical, intelligent, and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player, trustworthy, decisive and detail oriented.
- Proven success in rapidly changing and scaling environments.
- Gets things done, results oriented.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.