Software Engineer, CDN
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer with an understanding of networking concepts, as well as familiarity with proxy and caching applications. If you are interested in working on applications with very high transaction rates and concurrency, this job may be a good fit for you. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop software that powers several of our core services and to coordinate with other teams working on different layers of the infrastructure.
This role will report to our: Tech Lead – CDN Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate with agile teams to develop edge applications during all phases of agile SDLC.
- Contribute to the software development, testing, and maintenance of our proxy and caching applications
- Participate in providing development estimates for user stories
- Triage, debug, and provide solutions for production issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Motivated individual with the ability to learn and adapt to a wide array of new technologies
- Understanding of programming fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Experience with object-oriented software development, with an understanding of software design patterns
- Familiarity with all aspects of SDLC, including unit testing, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with C++, Golang, and/or other objected oriented languages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.