StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer with strong experience in building CI/CD pipelines, improving developer productivity, and automating environments in a distributed microservice architecture. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop solutions that increase the velocity of engineering teams and assist with optimizing the release processes.
This role will report to our Manager of Software Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase engineering productivity by building out automation pipelines
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness and impact of automation on engineering productivity
- Manage CI/CD environment and develop tools for Dev/QA environment
- Advocate for improvements to engineering workflows to improve team velocity
- Recognize impediments to team efficiency, propose and implement solutions
- Develop automation and configuration management to improve the reproducibility of environments
- Configure automated tooling to ensure consistency and quality of codebases
- Increase contributor and developer productivity by improving the development setup, workflow, processes, and tools being leveraged by engineering teams
- Collaborate with engineering teams to understand impediments that can be solved with tooling and automation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passionate about automation and improving engineering velocity
- Prior experience leveraging modern build systems and developing CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration platforms (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with test automation frameworks for front-end and back-end platforms
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana) and working with teams to define KPIs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Comfortable working in a highly agile and iterative development process
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent these problems
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work closely with other departments in a cross-functional capacity
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- In-depth development experience with Go, Python, C++
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.