Senior Backend Developer (Control Plane)
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Senior Backend Developer with solid understanding of API, DB, and Identity Management Concepts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop control plane family of micro-services. The StackPath Backend Developer consists of a set of Golang based micro-services which implement our public facing APIs and interface to our backend CDN, WAF, Compute and Server Density services. It also includes other key services such as a Portal, GraphQL, Identity management, DNS, Monitoring and Workload Engine services.
This role will report to our: Sr. Director of CDN Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate with agile teams to develop Edge applications by providing architecture guidance and hands-on technical coding/scripting support during all phases of agile SDLC.
- Collaborate with agile teams to develop Edge applications by providing architecture guidance and hands-on technical coding/scripting support during all phases of SDLC.
- Design and develop next Gen Backend Developer micro-services
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Go/C++ code
- Optimize applications for optimal performance, painless auto-scaling and efficient resource utilization.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency in GoLang and C++ (including version 11, 14, 17), with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Thorough knowledge of the data structures, algorithms and standard C++ libraries
- Experience working with CockroachDB.
- Experience working with gRPC, RESTful API
- Experience working with Oauth
- Good understanding of functional vs object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of asynchronous programing and multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing and debugging networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP1.x/2, TLS etc)
- Experience with Linux development environment
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Familiarity with debugging and performance analysis tools, such as GDB, Valgrind, Gperf, Address Sanitizer, etc
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of git versioning tools
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems such as DNS, CDN/Edge, Load Balancer is a big plus.
- Experience with modern build system like Bazel
- Solid understanding in Kubernetes and Docker/OCI technology
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.