StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution—from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond—without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world.
For more information, follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time Principal Software Engineer to drive technical excellence in software engineering. In this role, you will work closely with teams to ensure development of high quality software and help shape development standards.
We’re looking for motivated individuals who can think on their feet, enjoys working with highly technical teams, and is comfortable working remote.
This role will report to our Software Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team and others.
- Solve technical challenges of the highest scope and complexity for your team.
- Exert significant influence on the overall objectives and long-term goals of your team.
- Shepherd the definition and improvement of our internal coding standards including style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Act as an advocate for these standards through code review.
- Drive innovation on the team with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront initiatives of immense complexity and impact to StackPath’s business goals.
- Actively seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions that will enable the entire team to iterate faster.
- Provide mentorship for all Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Confidently ship large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant progressional experience with Golang and gRPC.
- Deep knowledge and ability to build high performing, scalable, and reliable services.
- Leadership skills to manage and organize engineering teams to deliver world-class scalable services
- Prolific software writing skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Strong knowledge of different testing tools, libraries, and databases.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work closely with other departments in a cross-functional capacity
- Ability to debug large scale systems and drive monitoring improvements.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Work with new technologies at a scale very few companies can offer.
- Be a part of a team that fosters innovation and cross-functional roles.
- Ability to work with flexible working arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.