Test Automation Developer
StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
As a Test Automation Developer, you will work as part of a team responsible for developing test plans and test strategies. You will also be responsible for writing test scripts and leveraging test frameworks to automate functional and system test scenarios along with automating performance testing of Stackpath’s back-end software defined storage solutions. This position’s responsibilities also include analyzing, documenting, and reporting data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management and development engineers to build and document efficient test plans and strategies.
- Develop or leverage existing performance and fault test frameworks for cloud storage solutions
- Design and develop test cases.
- Develop automation and scripting tools to reduce manual tasks.
- Develop tools to unify data log formatting and storing in a database.
- Execute performance and fault testing across the suite of storage offerings.
- Analyze test results, perform problem resolution, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Create documentation for all test automation and script development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in creating automated test frameworks.
- Experience with operations of IT infrastructure, with a specific focus on enterprise storage.
- Experience working with Linux Operating Systems and Linux storage subsystem.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Containers.
- Strong programming and scripting skills in languages such as Python, Go, etc.
- Experience with source code management tools such a Git / GitHub.
- Experience developing tools that interact with Cloud provider APIs (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with any of these tools / frameworks: FIO, PBench, Google PerfKitBenchmarker, Chaos Mesh.
- Experience working in an Agile / SCRUM methodology to organize and execute projects.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a relentless and versatile learner, open to change.
- Has a collaborative attitude and a willingness to work with team members.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills with experience explaining complex technical concepts to audiences.
- Possess the creativity to always think of new ways to break things; don't settle until as many corner cases as possible are covered.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.