StackPath is cloud platform built at the internet’s edge, providing infrastructure and services physically closer to the source or destination of data than hyperscale cloud service providers. StackPath edge compute—including Virtual Machines and Containers—and edge applications—including CDN and WAF—are strategically located in the world’s most densely populated areas, and united by a secure private network backbone and a single management system. Customers ranging from Fortune 50 enterprises to one-person startups trust StackPath to give their latency-sensitive workloads and applications the speed, security, and efficiency they require. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
The candidate will be a part of full-stack development team that is responsible for delivering self-service, API-driven, Infrastructure as a Service at cloud provider scale. We are on a journey to deliver a new IaaS service catalog and need experienced developers to join us on our journey. You will be part of a fun, fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile team.
Additional responsibilities include requirements gathering, solution design, and development of automated test cases.
This role will report to our: Software Engineering Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As an Infrastructure Automation Developer, you will be responsible for developing automated solutions as a storefront to our IaaS environment. Candidate should have a strong analytical mindset and experience working in an agile scrum environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong automation and orchestration experience (Kubernetes Operators, Argo Workflows)
- Experience with developing APIs (gRPC, REST, SOAP)
- Edge compute experience is strongly desired.
- Experience developing microservices and/or Functions as a Service (OpenFaaS, action-based extensibility)
- Experience with modern version control tools (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodeStream)
- Experience with Ansible and Ansible playbook development
- Experience managing or supporting a virtualized environment (vSphere, KVM)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience with Software Defined Networks (Tungsten Fabric, Open vSwitch)
- Public cloud engineering/architecture experience (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
- Experience with developing infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM)
- CI/CD pipeline development a plus
- Experience with Splunk or Kibana
- Experience writing automated test cases
- Experience working in an agile environment (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, GitLab)
- Experience writing technical documentation
Excellent communication skills, team player with a positive attitude and ability to operate across multiple technical disciplines.
- Work with new technologies at a scale very few companies can offer.
- Be a part of a team that fosters innovation and cross-functional roles.
- Ability to work with flexible working arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.