Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time
Founded in 2015, StackPath provides inherently secure cloud services so that developers can build online solutions and services that are safe—for their own operations and for their end users. More than 30,000 customers already use StackPath technology, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to early stage startups. We are a fast-growing team headquartered in Dallas, with offices in Los Angeles, Orlando, Seattle, Tel Aviv, and Belgrade.
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time Technical Support employee who is customer-focused and can learn quickly. The environment in our Technical Support Center is casual, fun and fast-paced.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a technical support help desk or NOC environment, and be able to clearly explain advanced technical issues to customers in a clear and concise manner. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have the ability to reference resources within and outside of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support via a ticket system, and phone on: Network, CDN, and Colocation
- Monitor global networks and server farms ensuring availability according to service level agreements
- Communicate and follow-up with customers within SLA
- Troubleshoot and proactively identify potential problems and make recommendations regarding solutions
- The ability to work holidays and have a flexible schedule, including weekends and night shifts
Desired Skills and Experience:
- CCNA, LPIC certifications preferred
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- A strong desire to learn and improve
- Excellent deductive reasoning and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dedication and commitment to providing continuous service for the advancement of technology
- An ability to adapt to change and resolve conflict
- An ability to prioritize and complete tasks accurately, and make decisions within established guidelines and policies
- An ability to follow processes and pay attention to detail
- Must be customer-focused, have a good understanding of the Internet, and know how to work with routing tools
- Must be able to resolve most of the customer service technical issues without assistance but within the policies and guidelines provided
- An ability to work holidays and have a flexible schedule
- Experience in technical troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Customer service experience in a technical support position
- Experience with Linux & Windows based systems and software
- Knowledge and/or use of Internet Protocols
- At least two of the following
- Experience using UNIX/Linux command line and shell scripting
- Experience in network troubleshooting
- Professional technical certifications
- Programming languages (C++, PHP, MySQL, or other technical experience)
At StackPath, we take care of our employees we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits. We invest in our people to ensure that they have everything needed to excel on the job.
Our goal is to make the internet a safer place. We need more help from people with the right passion and skills to help us get there.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!