Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time
Founded in 2015, StackPath provides inherently secure cloud services so that developers can build online solutions and services that are safe—for their own operations and for their end users. More than 30,000 customers already use StackPath technology, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to early stage startups. We are a fast-growing team headquartered in Dallas, with offices in Los Angeles, Orlando, Seattle, Tel Aviv, and Belgrade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a full-time Systems Engineer who is extremely focused and interested in making an immediate contribution to the team! The environment in our Technical Operations group is casual, fun and fast-paced.
- Provide systems administration and system architectural direction in support of a large distributed Linux infrastructure
- Deploy, upgrade, maintain, and tune proprietary CDN operations software and Linux systems (including kernel configuration)
- Troubleshoot and identify software bugs, perform root cause analysis on performance issues as needed
- Provide on-call support for CDN HW & SW systems as well as Tier III level on-call support for customer service delivery issues
- Application support on Linux and Solaris systems
- Direct and validate other System Administrators work and assist with scheduling and administration
- Administering MySQL databases, Python and Ruby application scripts, and storage systems
- Create, execute, and manage project plans.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or technical certifications in software and/or testing related field (or comparable industry experience)
- At least 4 years demonstrated experience in TCP/IP Server administration and in managing multi-vendor Linux server system installations
- Working knowledge of storage system configuration, systems logging and exception diagnosis
- Demonstrated knowledge of Python, Ruby and shell programming techniques as related to Internet applications design, network management and systems management. In addition, working knowledge of Unix systems utilities (e.g., bash, sed, awk, rcs, svn).
- Strong knowledge of the IP protocol suite, specifically relating to the applications and services that run above these protocols: SSH, NNTP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP, SSL, HTTP/HTML, FTP
- Demonstrated ability to design and code critical systems projects. Ability to think creatively and communicate accurately.
- Strong abilities in software and systems testing and debugging
- Demonstrated understanding of IP subnetting, network layout methods, and VLAN segregation
- Strong skills in OpenStack, Docker, and KVM virtualization a plus
- An ability to extend understanding and patience in stressful situations
- Attention to detail in written communication
- Consistency with regards to organization, time management, attention to detail, and commitment
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to adapt to change and properly resolve conflict
- The wisdom to understand and take advantage of constructive criticism
- Desire to expand existing deductive reasoning and problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritize tasks accurately, making decisions within established guidelines and policies
- The ability to learn new skills in a timely manner without sacrificing existing responsibilities
At StackPath, we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits. We invest in our people to ensure that they have everything needed to excel on the job.
Our goal is to make the internet a safer place. We need more help from people with the right passion and skills to help us get there.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V